Still deciding what color you want your Quinceanera dress to be? Then read on to learn about Your Quinceanera Dress: What the Colors Symbolize.
Your Quinceanera dress is all-important & for a good reason: You’re saying goodbye to little girl fashion & hello to all that womanhood has to offer. Not only will you use this night to show your loved ones that you’ve grown into a woman, but you also want to show them that you’ve grown into a respectful one as well. So while style is important, taste is, too.
The oldest tradition holds that a Quince dress should be white, much like a wedding gown without the train or the veil. The only other conventional option was a light pink or a pastel—baby blue or pale yellow.
Today’s Quinceaneras often take to bolder, jewel-tone colors like red, blue, and green.
No matter what color Quinceanera dress you choose:
- Keep the look formal.
- Start with that full Cinderella skirt (but choose a removable skirt with a mini-dress option if you wish!)
- Keep the neckline modest.
- Make your personality shine through with color!
To check out our cover dresses, Click HERE for Q by DaVinci Style 80486
Your Quinceanera Dress: What the Colors Symbolize – Red & Blue Quinceanera Dresses
Red: If you’re a girl who likes to stand out in a big way, red is definitely for you!
To see more details Click HERE for Q by DaVinci Style 80393
A red dress will show your guests that you’re daring & not only do you not shy away from attention, but you love it.
Red is a bold choice that gives off a sophisticated vibe & exudes confidence & enthusiasm.
How to Accent a Red Quinceanera Dress
- Choose neutral colors: Black, gold, silver, skin tones, or other shades of red.
- Keep accessories lowkey: Let your red dress do all the talking.
- Skip the necklace: Choose just earrings & a bracelet, but you can wear multiple bracelets as a standout detail.
Love Charro? Then Click HERE or on the image below for our Red Charro Quinceanera Dresses:
Blue: A color often associated with calmness & cleanliness, like the sky on a clear day or a calm ocean in the middle of summer.
To see more details Click HERE for Q by DaVinci Style 80472
Blue is very peaceful & may be perfect for “level-headed” girls. So if this is you, definitely go for the blue.
How to Accent a Blue Quinceanera Dress
- Add metallic gold or silver: Wear metallic jewelry or choose metallic embroidery or lace on the dress.
- Opt for a surprising color block: Pair your blue dress with red.
Tip: Blue and red are lovely together, but they can be too loud—or too patriotic—if the colors are used in balanced proportions.
- For a classy blue & red combo: Choose different hues: Pair a lighter blue with a darker shade of red or vice versa.
Click HERE or on the image below to shop our Ice Blue Quinceanera Dresses:
Your Quinceanera Dress: What the Colors Symbolize – Pink & Green Quinceanera Dresses
Pink: A blend of red & white, pink is feminine, girly & radiates compassion.
To see more details Click HERE Q by DaVinci Style 80426
Pink represents the passion of red but is softened by white into a purer and more innocent emotion.
How to Accent a Pink Quinceanera Dress
- Opt for darker accessories: Ruby red & other jewel tones.
- For a glamorous look: Choose gold & silver accessories for your pink gown.
Green: This color radiates peace & calm. It also represents self-reliance, balance, growth & security.
To see more details Click HERE for Q by DaVinci Style 80352
In a way, green gives off an independent vibe, which could be perfect considering the reason for the Quinceanera in the first place! Green is a fun color, and there are many ways to style it.
How to Accent a Green Quinceanera Dress
- For a younger vibe, color-block your green dress: Choose almost any color you want, especially yellow, orange & even purple.
- Pair green with sophisticated metallics: Champagne, silver, or gold.
- Go earthy: Finish your look with neutral colors like nude & brown.
- Go totally bold with an emerald green dress!
To see more details Click HERE Q by DaVinci Style 80424
Your Quinceanera Dress: What the Colors Symbolize – White Quinceanera Dresses
There’s nothing more traditional than a white Quinceanera dress!
To see more details Click HERE for Q by DaVinci Style 80403
White represents purity, gives a feeling of innocence & perfection & symbolizes a successful beginning. Not to mention, if it’s traditional in your family to wear white at your Quince, it’ll make your family happy to see you hold to something from your family history instead of going completely modern. Besides, there are plenty of ways to dress up a white gown and still look fresh, up to date, and not washed out.
How to Accent a White Quinceanera Dress
Treat a white dress like a blank canvas: You can do pretty much anything to it!
- Accent a white Quince gown with any color you want.
- Mix and match a few additional colors.
- Have fun with accessories & use them to keep a youthful, playful edge.
Go all out, over the top classic & sophisticated: Accent with just silver or gold (or a little of both).
Tip: Make sure you think it through before you go with a white dress. You don’t want your Quinceanera dress to compete with or outshine what you might want to wear for your wedding gown.
Your Quinceanera Dress: What the Colors Symbolize – Multi-Color Quinceanera Dresses
To see more details Click HERE Q by DaVinci Style 80429
Nowadays, many girls are also opting to use patterns in their Quinceanera dress fabrics—like brocade or same-color embroidery or beading—or combining two colors in a print (usually done in the skirt). If this is your style, let no one stop you!
How to Accent a Color Combination Quinceanera Dress
- Go bold and beautiful.
- Keep in mind that some patterns might make it challenging to maintain a formal look.
- Make sure that the colors you use will complement each other well.
Click HERE or on the image below to shop our Multi–Color Quinceanera Dresses: